Easiest and least expensive way to transfer ownership of a home.

I have a manufactured home and land combo in GeorgiaU.S. that I seller financed
to my mother. My mother has now paid off the loan in full and I have received
‘Cancellation of Security Deed’ form from mortgage company. Without getting
agents and attorneys involved, what’s the best and least expensive routeboth of
us on fixed income to take to transfer ownership of said property?

Asked on March 29, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

A quitclaim deed will release your entire right , title and interest in the property to your mother. The quitclaim deed is signed in the presence of a notary. The quitclaim deed becomes effective upon being recorded (filed with the County Recorder's office).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.