Can they drop a case if the address is wrong?

I was charged with a felony d on trafficking charges. They say that I committed this crime at my address at the time but the address they have on the discovery is different.

Asked on October 18, 2011 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have been charged with a felony offense and the address with respect to where the crime is incorrect the case against you will not be dismissed simply as a result of the improper address.

Given the seriousness of criminal matters and the fact that you have been charged with a felony which the end result could very well include jail time, I recommend that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about your matter in order to assist in the defense.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.