Will a magistrate court possibly dismissan order ofalcohol monitoring if it effectively prohibits someone from working?

UPDATED: Jul 19, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 19, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will a magistrate court possibly dismissan order ofalcohol monitoring if it effectively prohibits someone from working?

For a first DUI conviction I received jail time, home detention, probation and hefty fines, along with alcohol monitoring. It is impossible for me to return to work with the alcohol monitoring, as it must be done every 4 hours throughout the day. In my particular work place, breaks are rare, if existent and shifts are usually around 13 hours. I do not see how it is possible to pay all the court fines, as well as paying for probation, monitoring and everything else without the possibility to return to work. Do I have any options at this point?

Asked on July 19, 2010 under Criminal Law, Arizona


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Were you represented by an attorney in all of this?  This seems to be a really heavy sentence for a first offense.  Was you BAC really high or were there other facts that helped to contribute to your circumstances?  I understand that Arizona does have "extreme" dui laws but the alcohol monitoring does not appear to be part of the penalties for that either.  I would seek help from an attorney in your area.  Someone maybe other than the attorney that represented you just for consultation as to what happened and what can be done.  It is true that if you can not work then you can not repay your debt.  Good luck with everything. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption