What is the penitaly for comming perjury, without knowing it, nor the meaning of perjury.

UPDATED: May 31, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the penitaly for comming perjury, without knowing it, nor the meaning of perjury.

I was divorced though Gaum and my ex handled everything, he told me that the courts there advided him not to put our son in divorce papers so we didn’t, just recently I went to the courts here in the states and was told that I commited perjury. I just want to know what the penitaly is if I presue my child custody case after having done this.

Asked on May 31, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It sounds to me like you've been scammed by your ex.  To get advice you can rely on, for what to do next, you need to get all the facts, including the paperwork, to an attorney in your area.  One place to find qualified lawyers is our website, http://attorneypages.com

This is something of an unusual situation, and it's very hard to generalize about what will happen here.  But I would hope that the courts will find a way not to leave you son without support from his father.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption