What do I do if I am Buying a car from a car Dealerships, but what they said in the Ad was not all the way True

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I do if I am Buying a car from a car Dealerships, but what they said in the Ad was not all the way True

I want on line looking for a car me and my wife found
07 Cadillac CTS for 4500 we thought good deal,call the
Car lot Talk to a Manager deal was made I gave them
1500 down on the 19th of june,the car was not ready to
be sold,the Previous owners are having Issue with the
bank,so how can they seal it to me like that, I did
everything they asked me to do I even have Insurance
on it but I still don’t have a car what do I do? Can
anyone help me

Asked on July 6, 2017 under Business Law, Montana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue them for your money back. You would sue them for two reasons: first, breach of contract--violating the agreement you entered into with them when you gave them the deposit and they agreed to sell you the car. You would also sue them for fraud: for lying to you about their right to sell the car. In addition to suing for your money back, you can also sue for the other expenses you incurred as a direct and foreseeable result--like the cost of the insurance you purchased. They can't give you this car if they don't have and can't get clean title to it, but you can get compensation and/or they could settle the case by offering you some other acceptable vehicle. For the amount of money at stake, you are best off suing in small claims court, as your own attorney or "pro se" to save legal expenses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption