What do i do

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do i do

A few days ago the construction crew started working down my hill. Well, they filled in the giant whole they dug and let it there covered up and took yhe road close sign with them. So me as well as

anyone else would think its fine. So I drive and the cover of rock type stuff broke and my whole back end went in the hole. Now when I turn, I have grinding. What should I do?

Asked on November 6, 2017 under Accident Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You either 1) if you have the relevant insurance (e.g. "collision" coverage), file a claim with your insurer; or 2) sue the contruction company and the governmental entity responsible for that road (e.g. your town/city; or the county; etc.) for the car damage based on "negligence," or unreasonable carelessness, in both or either of taking down the warning signs and/or not making sure the "cover of rock" was stable. Suing is how you recover money for property (e.g. car) damage when you don't receive insurance coverage. You would name the contractor/construction company for being careless, and the governmental entity in charge of the road for not properly supervising, etc. the process. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption