What can I expect if I turn myself in for marijuana possession?

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I expect if I turn myself in for marijuana possession?

I was arrested 4 years ago for the charge and never showed up. I have a warrant right now for $900 bond. Will I be able to complete TASC and have it removed from my record? I have no priors. Should I turn myself into the court or hire a lawyer?

Asked on September 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you retain a criminal defense attorney to recall the bench warrant for your arrest and assist you in getting the criminal matter still pending against you resolved. My experience is that the end result will be much better for you in the end with an attorney representing you in the matter opposed to yourself.

I suspect that in the end that if you plead guilty you will be fined $2,000, be sentenced to 10 days or so of jail time, and placed on probation for a year. The failure to appear does not help your cause.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption