What can I do about my son being faslely accused of molestation?

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do about my son being faslely accused of molestation?

My boyfriend’s soon to be ex wife will not let him see the children in order to hurt him. She texted my boyfriend 10 minutes after we dropped the boys off and said their 5 year old son told her that my son molested him.  She said that she has called the police and the boys ages 5 and 6 both gave statements. We know this didn’t happen and doubt the police were called.  What should we do?

Asked on June 14, 2009 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to have a lawyer to defend against possible charges against your son. A lawyer can check to see if charges will be made against your son based on the statements of the boys.

This could also impact your boyfriend's ability to have child custody/visitation with his children.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption