What to do if my son 16 years old has been acused of 9 counts of vandalizam with spray paint?

UPDATED: Mar 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 18, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son 16 years old has been acused of 9 counts of vandalizam with spray paint?

We went to court this morning. After a few hours someone came out and told us that we were all set so we could leave. They told us that my son can consider that he was never arrested and all charges were gone as if it never happened. A few hours later, the same guy called and left a message on my ansewing machine saying that he was mistaken and we have to come back to court net month for a hearing. Can they do that?

Asked on March 18, 2013 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about there is clearly some confusion in the court system with respect to your son and the charges he is facing. Given the problem, it is wise for you to retain a criminal defense attorney to represent your son and to possibly resolve the matter to your and his satisfaction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption