What should I do if I bit into a tuna sandwich but broke my tooth on a bone?

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do if I bit into a tuna sandwich but broke my tooth on a bone?

I have no idea how to proceed. I would like my tooth fixed and, of course, I want them to pay for it. I still have the can and the bone.

Asked on April 23, 2014 under Personal Injury, Oregon


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the bone came from the can of tuna, then the tuna manufacturer is potentially liable for your injury, such as the cost to fix the tooth. Try contacting the company which made the tuna can, explaining what happened and seeking compensation. Provide photos of the can and bone when you do so. They choose to offer compensation; if they do not voluntarily choose to pay, however, your only recourse would be to file a lawsuit against them and prove in court that the bone came from the can and caused your injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption