Should I get a lawyer for a car that went up in flames?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I get a lawyer for a car that went up in flames?

Yes, I had a 2016 New Link Destination
yota Camry which I bought new in August 2015, and paid in full that burst into flames starting from the engine bloc around this time yesterday. This happened when I stopped the car and went into an acquaintances house for roughly ten minutes, when I parked the car I applied the parking brake. After coming out of the house I saw the car was in flames and called the fire department and afterwards nationwide. The car is totaled and is currently being inspected by nationwide, so I was wondering if I should get a lawyer?

Asked on February 26, 2018 under Accident Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to be represented by an attorney because you may have a product liability (defective product) case against the manufacturer and seller of the car depending on the cause of the fire.
It would also be advisable to be represented by an attorney if you are dissatisfied with settlement offers from the insurance carrier.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption