UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


My name is Eric and I am 16 years old,
yesterday i went to a parts store and bought a
car part but then decided to change my mind
before I left the store and I later asked for a
cash refund but refused me because they said
they only do store credit and had the sign up,
i was reading and it says that if I’m a minor
then the return policy doesnt affect me, I was
wondering if I can get my money back as they
messed up my order over 4 times now and I dont
feel like going to them again

Asked on October 1, 2019 under Business Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Whether you are a minor or not, there is no right to return a part or purchase for cash because you "changed your mind"--that is not legal grounds for a refund or return (i.e. they don't have to take the part back at all for this reason, once you purchase it) except as per the store's policy, and that policy can restrict matters to store credit only.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption