plummer work

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

plummer work

My well started bringing in dirty water, so I hired a plumber to come look at the issue. He suggested putting a water system in to clear up the water but that did not work. He then refused to answer my phone calls, etc. I then got another company to look at it found that the system he put it caused my well to go bad; the wire in the ground was broken because it was not strong enough to work the water system. Do I even have a case?

Asked on July 25, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Virginia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, if a contractor does negligent or unreasonably careless work (that is, work which falls short of then-commercially or generally accepted standards), they can be sued for the damage their work did and/or for the cost to correct any problems. If they did not do what they promised, they can be sued for breach of contract. And if they lied about what they could or would do, they could be sued for fraud. Thus, there are several potential grounds to sue the plumber in this situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption