What can I do if my 4 year old son was accidentally hit in the forehead by a stone thrown by a 3 year old in his school?

UPDATED: Sep 26, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 26, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my 4 year old son was accidentally hit in the forehead by a stone thrown by a 3 year old in his school?

He ended up with a stitch on the wound. The school will pay the hospital co-payment since we have insurance. However, is that all we should receive? My son ended up with a scar on his forehead and all the suffering? When he was in the hospital, the doctor accidentally slit out the suture after she had tied knots and 4 people were looking for the needle but could not find it. She made an excuse to me: the suture was too thin. So she stitched again with bigger needle and my son screamed. Should she bear any responsibility?

Asked on September 26, 2014 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Throwing rocks is not something that should be taken lightly.  I would speak with an attorney to see if your state allows a failure to supervise cause of action against the school and it sounds like there may be an issue with the doctor as well.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption