What to do about possible medical malpractice?

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about possible medical malpractice?

My sister went to the ER with BP 240/109 and congestive Heart failure, heart valve murmur, and needing a bypass nearing a heart attack and stroke. Trouble breathing and could bearly walk. She sat there from 8:30 pm until 1:30 am and sent home with a water pill. She went to another doctor who sent her to another ER and there she had a heart valve replacement and by-pass surgery. The fact is that the 2 primary doctor’s could not believe the treatment she got at the first ER visit and were discusted with their tratment of her because she did not have insurance. Does she have a case?

Asked on June 25, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Tennessee


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

She absolutely has a case. She needs to obtain all of the medical records from both locations, locate a medical malpractice attorney who is not conflicted out and sue the hospital, its insurance carrier, the doctors, nurses and staff and their insurance carriers. This could have been detrimental and luckily she survived. She cannot sit on this lawsuit, however, and must immediately schedule a consultation so the attorney has sufficient time to obtain records, subpoena for records, and file a lawsuit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption