My employer has not reimbursed me for over payment on my insurance.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My employer has not reimbursed me for over payment on my insurance.

In May 2018, my employer posted a sign stating that our insurance would go down roughly $37 a week. Word quickly got around that we all had been over paying since January 2018. I asked my HR manager if this was true, and she stated yes it was, but it should be kept between her and I that they would soon be issuing a check for reimbursement. That was in June 2018, it is now August and we have not received anything. Who can I contact to file a complaint to about this?

Asked on August 15, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

This is a contract matter--it is based on the agreement (whether written or oral) between you and your employer regarding how much you pay for your coverage. Contract matters are not enforced by any agencies; rather, you would need to file a lawsuit (e.g. in small claims court) for the money they owe you, since you were only required to pay the correct amount for your coverage, not more. You may wish to give them some more time to pay before taking such a drastic step.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption