What to do if my car was hit my a rental truck and I’ve already file a claim with them but they won’t give me an answer?

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 25, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my car was hit my a rental truck and I’ve already file a claim with them but they won’t give me an answer?

I was at work and my car was parked on the street and a rental truck ran into my front driver side and slammed into my tire as well. I called my insurance and because I only have liability insurance they can’t do anything so I called the rental car company and file a claim with them. They gave me a claim number and a claim representative to talk to as well. Left her a few messages regarding my claim and within the time frame of 2 1/2 weeks I’ve only spoken to her once regarding my claim. What can I do to get my vehicle fix ASAP? Threat them with a lawsuit or just wait patiently?

Asked on June 25, 2012 under Accident Law, California


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You would be within your rights to file a lawsuit to recover the cost of the damages to your behicle.  Just remember their are costs for you involved in fling a lawsuit.  You can also try filing a complaint with your state Department of Insurance.  Most states have laws that govern how insurance companies must handle claims and the time frame for doing so.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption