If an auto repair chain”fixed” our car but its still not working properly, is there anything that we can do?

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If an auto repair chain”fixed” our car but its still not working properly, is there anything that we can do?

We took my girlfriend’s car to have the A/C system replaced. It has been messing up for a while now, and started a few weeks or so after we got it back. We’ve taken it back to them and took it to a dealer. The dealer said they took it apart and there’s metal in the system. If we don’t get it cleaned out, we will have to have it replaced again. The auto repair place said it’s fine, but they just drove it and said they don’t need to take it apart. They claimed that the dealer couldn’t have taken it apart in the time they charged us for. We can’t afford to replace the whole A.C system again.

Asked on September 3, 2011 under General Practice, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The problem that you paid to have fixed by the by the automotice repair chain should have been fixed properly for the charges that you paid for. If the repairs were not done in such a manner to have rectified the problem, you need to take the car back to the repair facility to make sure they do it right.

Most states have administrative agencies called "bureau of automotive repairs" that oversee licensed automotive repair shops like the place where your girlfriend's car was taken to. You need to have the car properly repaired. If not, your girlfriend can then contact your state's bureau of automotive repairs about the situation.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption