Is it legal for a company to pay business and personal taxes?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it legal for a company to pay business and personal taxes?

I am buying a company and I will be making payments over a couple of years unless

I can pay it off sooner. In the contract the seller says the company must pay all

personal and business taxes. So paying them a weekly amount plus 10 of my snow

contracts for 3 years and paying all the taxes it will take me broke. This is a

very small company. We have about 45 customers and we cut grass. prices range

from 35.00 to 220.00, most being about an average of 50.00. She is also getting a

check from another company and has a disabled daughter so she get social

security. Please advise

Asked on January 10, 2018 under Business Law, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It is legal IF you agree to it--anyone (and any company) may agree to make tax payments on behalf of another. If you find that the deal does not make sense for you, either negotiate a better one or walk away from the deal.
Note that if you have not signed a non-competition or non-solicitation agreement, you could go out and start your own grass-cutting business.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption