If I have a bench warrant for unpaid misdemeanor which has since been paid, what do I need to do th get it removed?

UPDATED: May 24, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 24, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a bench warrant for unpaid misdemeanor which has since been paid, what do I need to do th get it removed?

I paid the fine of $690 in full, by mail, after the warrant was issued. Will I have to go to jail? Will the warrant go away now that the fine is paid?

Asked on May 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The bench warrant will be removed upon proof that the $690.00 was indeed paid. It appears that the confusion may of come from you mailing the monies instead of paying the court in person. Usually a warrant will issue for a misdemeanor traffic or criminal matter, which in most cases require you to appear in court to address the warrant, not simply paying the fine or cost by mail. If you have proof that $690.00 was indeed paid (i.e. canceled check, receipt, etc), then take that to the court and ask that the warrant be removed. If you must appear before a Judge or Magistrate, then ask that a new court date be set or if you can do a walk-in court appearance to clear up the warrant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption