If I’m 15 and have a theft 2 but attended a theft talk class, am I able to get a job now with this charge?

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m 15 and have a theft 2 but attended a theft talk class, am I able to get a job now with this charge?

I pay $25 per month to the store. I can get it expunged at 18.

Asked on March 26, 2012 under Criminal Law, Oregon


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Not certain if you had a criminal defense attorney in your case, but you need to check with the attorney or the court to see if you were placed on a deferred probation or if your record is currently sealed from the public. Typically with juveniles convicted of a low level offense such as theft, the court will either seal your juvenile record so that it does not appear to future employers or even schools, or they may place you on a deferred adjudication so that the criminal offense will not appear so long as you comply with all court orders, such as making monthly payments to the store. If this is the case, then employers will not be able to see that you were charged and convicted of Theft.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption