If my 18 year old daughter got MIP, what should we expect?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my 18 year old daughter got MIP, what should we expect?

She had a BAC of 0.013. Court date set for next month. The thing is 6 months ago when she was a minor, she had shoplifting charges with 2 of her friends which we were able to defer. She did 48 community service hours and went to class. They told her to not get in trouble for a year otherwise there would be permanent record. Now this.

Asked on March 26, 2012 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Given your daughter's prior problem with the law coupled with the subsequent minor in possession charge, assuming she is convicted or pleads to the charge that you are writing about, I expect the following result:

1. a fine of $500 or more;

2. community service work;

3. attendance at classes regarding the problems of drinking alcohol or illegal drug use;

4. one year probation.

I suggest that you consult with a private criminal defense attorney for your daughter's representation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption