If I was put on 3 years felony probation for a Class C possession of controlled substance, what are my gun rights?

UPDATED: Apr 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was put on 3 years felony probation for a Class C possession of controlled substance, what are my gun rights?

I have been clean and sober since that happened. Can I get a CCW permit (concealed carry weapon) or if I can get a FFL license (federal firearms license) now that the probation has been successfully completed?

Asked on April 27, 2013 under Criminal Law, Missouri


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

It's up to Chief of Police in the town in which you live-- he determines whether you are person qualified (at least with respect to a License to Carry).  Very dependent on your town.  However, if you feel you are an adequate candidate and are denied a permit, you may appeal to a Massachusetts Superior Court.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption