If I was injured while changing someones tire, will their Bodily Injury coverage pay my medical bills?

UPDATED: Jan 22, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 22, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was injured while changing someones tire, will their Bodily Injury coverage pay my medical bills?

In MO.

Asked on January 22, 2011 under Personal Injury, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

You raise a very interesting question.  I am assuming that you mean will their bodily injury coverage from their car insurance pay out your claim.  My gut feeling on this is no, but I might pursue the issue anyway.  Generally speaking party injured by the operation of the motor vehicle in question is covered under the bodily injury portion of the insurance policy of the car owner.  If you yourself have an auto policy read the portion that deals with this issue.  It is fairly standard in the industry.  May I ask: how were you injured?  By something that happened while changing the tire?  Could it be interpreted to be that it was because of your own negligence in changing the tire or was it something faulty on the vehicle?   Then it could be a product liability case.  In any event you should speak with a personal injury attorney in your area. Consultation is usually free.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption