What can I do if I need to get my husband into the US for at least 4 months?

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I need to get my husband into the US for at least 4 months?

I am a US citizen and am about to have a baby. My husband has been deported and has not tried to re-enter. Because of our 2 other children we have together I really need him to be here with me during my last month to help with the children because I have no other family. And if possible at least 2 months after the baby is born.

Asked on March 26, 2012 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

That's not going to be possible, unfortunately.  Depending on your particular circumstances, however, you may be able to petition for him and get a waiver of his 10 year bar to reentry to the US.  Again, that is not going to happen quickly enough for him to be able to come before you give birth.  However, if you can still travel, perhaps you and your children can travel to him to be with him and get help from him and his family there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption