If I have a warrant from a court date I missed, what do I do?

UPDATED: May 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a warrant from a court date I missed, what do I do?

It was for trespassing, although I really wasn’t the person was lying. I thought it was in another month. My life has been kind of chaotic and I don’t want to go to jail for an honest mistake for a crime that I didn’t commit. How can I resolve this? don’t currently have any money to pay any fines.

Asked on May 7, 2012 under Criminal Law, Missouri


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Typically if you have a warrant for a missed court date, you have to either wallk-in court or schedule a new court date to address the warrant. The judge may want to know what caused you to miss your court date when he/she applies a new bond or schedules you for a new court date. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption