What to do about faulty veneers that my dentist put on my teeth?

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about faulty veneers that my dentist put on my teeth?

I had 6 veneers put on 2 months ago but 5 times 1 fell off and had to be put back on. Also, 1 chipped. They are sensitive and painful since I had them put on. Also they are discolored more than anticipated. My regular teeth look better than the new ones. Shouldn’t he be held liable for all the times they fell off and shouldn’t he compensate me and put porcelain veneers on?

Asked on April 23, 2013 under Malpractice Law, South Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to report him to the dental board and you need to contact an attorney about a few options. You can sue the dentist and his insurance company or if you prefer to negotiate directly with the dentist, why not simply ask for your money back. Seems to me I would not trust a dentist who did this type of work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption