I am on the lease my son & his girlfriend signed as well as her mother. Her and I never lived at this residence. They are being evicted.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I am on the lease my son & his girlfriend signed as well as her mother. Her and I never lived at this residence. They are being evicted.

Do I have any responsibility? A civil judgement has also been served — can a lean be put against my property??

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

As far as the eviction goes that is simply them leaving, you may have an issue if they are not cooperative. Now as for the civil judgment I would need to know who is listed on the judgment as defendants. If you are listed as a defendant and a judgment has been or is obtained than yes you will run the risk of having collection attempts against you.

If you are not named than it is not against you and if you are and its not yet a judgment you can put in an answer and than go to court to try and ensure you are not a party in this action although at that point I suggest you consult with a local attorney who can help you navigate through this process and who will ensure that your best interests are being watched out for

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption