Will my juvenile record show up on a background check for an assisted living facility job?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will my juvenile record show up on a background check for an assisted living facility job?

I was arrested at 15 for stealing my mom’s car because I crashed it. Also, her medication to give to my boyfriend at the time. I’m 19 now. I went through a juvenile diversion program and was told it would be expunged but now I’m hearing otherwise. They’re going to fingerprint me for the background check and I’m worried that my record will come up and they’ll deny me the job.

Asked on October 20, 2011 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Most likely any criminal conviction that you received as a minor will not show up in any background check for employment that you are presently seeking. The reason is that pretty much in all states in this country the criminal records of minors are sealed and cannot be opened absent court order.

If you want to have your criminal conviction as a minor expunged, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney who has experience with such a process. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption