What to do if I’m facing 4 counts of first degree identity theft and 4 counts of second degree theft?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m facing 4 counts of first degree identity theft and 4 counts of second degree theft?

I have never been convicted of a felony and am having trouble getting in touch with my public defender. I’ve done some research and it appears as though only misdemeanors are available for deferred prosecution or diversion. Can anyone confirm this? I’ve also read that it’s possible for felony convictions to be reduced to a misdemeanor in order to participate in a diversion program. I am currently working full-time and about to start nursing school. My schooling is subject to passing criminal background checks, so I’m really hoping for some type of deferred prosecution.

Asked on September 24, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You should contact an attorney licensed in your state right away for assistance. In my home state, there are many rules governing diversion programs and at times exceptions are made to the rules. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption