What can I do if I’m being charged with an owi for having gone off the icy road into a ditch?

UPDATED: Jan 22, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 22, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I’m being charged with an owi for having gone off the icy road into a ditch?

I passed my breathalyzer at the jail but cannot afford an attorney. I need advice on how I can get it dropped or educed to a lesser charge?

Asked on January 22, 2014 under Criminal Law, Wisconsin


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

They won't drop it in Mass to a lesser-charge.  If your breath was below .08, then you should try the case--but that's really hard to do without a lawyer.  See if you can get a court appointed attorney.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption