What can we do if musband was intubated at hospital and they accidently knocked his front tooth out?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can we do if musband was intubated at hospital and they accidently knocked his front tooth out?

Since this has happened, there is extensive repair that needs to be done to his mouth in an excess of over $7000. The hospital is refusing to pay for his dental treatment. My insurance company states that the hospital should pay for this accident.

Asked on October 20, 2014 under Malpractice Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the hospital. If the hospital was negligent, or careless, in knocking his teeth out, then should be liable, or financially responsible, to pay for his injuries, including the cost of the repair or reconstruction. When someone doesn't pay voluntarily, but you believe they are liable, suing them is the way to force them to pay. Malpractice suits can be complex, so rather than try to bring it yourself, you are advised to retain a malpractice attorney. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption