How to get a former employer to remove my name, picture information from his website?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to get a former employer to remove my name, picture information from his website?

I never signed anything giving employer permission to post my photo or name but went along while I worked there even though I let him know I was not happy having my photo online. I left his employ only 6 weeks ago but emailed him to remove my name, all photos personal information immediately. I am in Dallas, Texas. I know it will not be immediate but there is still a photo up of someone who left over a year ago. My former employer has not responded to my email.

Asked on July 11, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can inform your employer that if your name , photo, and personal information are not removed within 24 hours, that you will file a lawsuit for invasion of privacy.
Invasion of privacy is the appropriation of one's name or likeness for commercial purposes without consent.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption