How do I designate my recently deceased wife’s son to be in charge of my decisions by proxy?

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I designate my recently deceased wife’s son to be in charge of my decisions by proxy?

I live out of state and am unable to be in the state where she passed at this time.

Asked on August 7, 2012 under Estate Planning, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You just sign something giving him power of attorney for the purposes of settling your wife's estate.  Are you here in Arizona?  If so, a local attorney can help you draw up the form and get it notarized.  Then you send it to your step son.  He takes it with him to banks and attorneys and whoever he needs to in order to get things done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption