Can the jacuzzi in my condo building legally be removed?

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the jacuzzi in my condo building legally be removed?

The jacuzzi is in ground and located in the common area. It has not worked for years and the cost of repair exceeds the cost of removal. Are there legal issues with the banks, mortgages, property assessment?

Asked on April 11, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need to bring all th documents that surround the jacuzzi to some one to review.  There is no way to give guidance here with out looking and reading all the documents.  However, I can not see how it would be tied in to the bank and the mortgage.  Property assessment yes.  What also I would worry about is how the removal could decrease the value of the condos in general if they were sold with the jacuzzi as a feature and how you would vote for the removal so that everyone has a say. Or if the condo association has sole power in that regard.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption