What to do if I was referred to a credit repair company that has done nothing to help me?

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was referred to a credit repair company that has done nothing to help me?

It was to be able to help me improve my credit score and resolve all outstanding accounts.This was over a year ago. I was guaranteed that certain actions would take place and that it would be within all legal guidelines. It has been a year now and not one thing has been done in regards to my credit. It seems as if I can never get a definitive answer why it has not been completed, when it should be done, and what is the hold up. I’m no longer getting any feedback or response from this individual/company. What I can do in order to get my money back or file suit on this individual/company?

Asked on July 13, 2013 under Business Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

What you can do is to file suit. If the company has not done what they promised and you paid for, that may be breach of contract; if they lied to you about what they could or would do, that may be fraud. The only way to get your money back if they won't repay it voluntarily is by suing, so that's what you should do. For amounts less than the limit for your small claims court, you should probably file in small claims, acting as your own attorney. Bring as many causes of action as makes sense--e.g., for breach of contract and fraud.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption