Hav’nt seen my husband in almost 13 years

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Hav’nt seen my husband in almost 13 years

I live in AZ. I want a divorce. Hav’ne sen or heard from my husband in 13 years. Have tried online searches for him and cannot find him. How do I proceed? I would prefer to put as little into my divorce as possible.

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Family Law, Arizona


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This link to the Arizona courts will help you with the process: http://www.supreme.state.az.us/nav2/divorce.htm

Look under frequently asked questions.  Now, as to divorce in Arizona, if there is regular marriage (not covenant), you can divorce no fault -- just simple dissolution of marriage.  As to a covenant marriage, the reason would be abandonment.

If you need to consult with a divorce attorney in your state to at least discuss your current issues or what could be perceived as an issue, try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at the Arizona State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption