UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


I am up for a promotion at my job i have a felony from 25 yrs ago can i get that off my record

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Two types of people are eligible for a NC criminal expungement. The first group consists of persons convicted of a criminal misdemeanor while under the age of 18. The main requirement for eligibility for such a person is a clean record since the conviction (traffic violations do not count).

The second group of people who are eligible for a NC expungement are those individuals who were arrested or charged with a crime, but subsequently the criminal charges were dismissed, or the person was found not-guilty or not responsible in a court of law. To be eligible for an expungement under those circumstances a person must not have a prior expungement or any felony convictions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption