Even though there has been no inheritance recieved, how can there be a inheritance fine due?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Even though there has been no inheritance recieved, how can there be a inheritance fine due?

My mother passed away a year ago in March she has some
property that is being lived in by her daughter whom
refuses to move for the house to be sold and the money
received to be divided between several members of
family but because we have not been distributed
anything as far as inheritance money’s we are being
informed that we owe a inheritance tax. Once again
we have not gotten any part of our inheritance as of
yet..exactly what are the law’s

Asked on March 15, 2018 under Estate Planning, Nebraska


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  What needs to be done is that the Personal Representative of your Mother's estate has to evict the daughter and place the house up for sale.  There are options of buying eachother out and there may be credits to some of you for maintenance and upkeep depending on the facts.  Get help.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption