Does the lemon law cover commercial vehicles?

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does the lemon law cover commercial vehicles?

I was lease purchasing a vehicle and right from the start I had problems with the oil overheating and the individual I purchased it from said this happens once in a great while. He also stated that 240 degrees f was normal. This became a persistant problem and let to $6000 + in repairs and eventually the motor blew a month after I took things apart myself and discovered 2 shop towels in the cooling system.

Asked on August 6, 2012 under General Practice, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country, the lemon laws applying to vehicles pertain to all types when purchased new from a auto dealership including commercial vehicles. Given the problems with what was discovered in the vehicle you purchased, you should consult the dealership from whom you bought the vehicle from about reimbursing you the amount of your repairs and buying a new motor for you at its cost.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption