Commercial Lease- Severe Roof Leak/ Landlord procrastinating on repair.

UPDATED: Jun 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Commercial Lease- Severe Roof Leak/ Landlord procrastinating on repair.

Recently leased building for consignment store, roof leaking to the extent that the celing tiles are falling down and the building smells from the wet insullation. Landlord says he will have it repaired next month… odor is affecting business. What remedies do I have?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Real Estate Law, North Carolina


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'd contact an attorney about this right away.  A leaking roof this bad isn't something that can be allowed to wait until next month!  One place to find a qualified lawyer to help you with this is our website,

Sometimes, you have to hire an attorney to let people know that you're going to stand up for your rights, and not be taken advantage of.  And if that doesn't work, you're usually much better off, if you have to go to court, with the case being run by somebody who knows how.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption