care damage

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

care damage

son parked car at shop to get tire looked at kid in a rented u-haul truck runs over the right front of his car his insurance says he wasn’t covered for damages so what do I do now ?? we have video and a police report

Asked on June 24, 2019 under Accident Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The kid in the rented U-haul is responsible, and/or his parents or legal guardians if he was a minor. The shop would only be liable if the kid was their employee, since an employer is liable for damage done negligently (carelessly) by its employees during work. But the shop is not liable if he was not a person employed by them or otherwise under their control. The kid would be liable, as the careless driver who caused the damage; and, as stated, if he was a minor, his parents or legal guardians are liable for his actions. You could look to sue him and/or his parents/guardians for the damage done to your son's car.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption