How can I get the form to revoke our revocable Trust?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get the form to revoke our revocable Trust?

The attorney will not give me the form without getting an appointment with him,

which I know will also have a charge. We have a family situation and do not want to redo the trust which can be quite expensive. Can I get the form elsewhere and have it notarized?

Asked on October 10, 2018 under Estate Planning, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Ok so it is my understanding that Trusts in Missouri are presumtively revocable unless they state otherwies.  The terms of the Trust can state HOW you are to revoke it.  Read and see if you can find it.  If it is silent as to same, then Missouri law allows it “ by any other method manifesting clear and convincing evidence of the settlor’s [i.e., the trust-maker’s] intent, including the terms of a later duly probated will or codicil that identify the trust being revoked or the trust terms being amended.”  It does not appear that any specific "form" is required.  Is that clear enough for you?  What  ever form you decide to use as a "revocation" document I would recite the name of the Trust, when it was formed, that you as the grantor/settlor choose to revoke it and have it witnessed and notarized.  Make sure you say it is your "intent" to revoke. Remember that generally only the settlor/ grantor can revoke the Trust.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption