What is the best course of action if I am being sued by a credit card company, do not have the money for a lawyer and do not have the money to pay the debt?

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Indiana


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

they will get a judgment against you and try to collect it from wages or bank accounts. try to work out a payment plan with the lawyer.  if not, a chapter 7 bankruptcy will eliminate this and other debts and give you a fresh start.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.