What to do if we have a receipt for an item that was never delivered and now the company is saying we owe more money than we were quoted and paid?

The balance in the receipt is showing 0 remaining balsnce. The company is saying that won’t hold up and we need to pay more for the item in order to receive it.

Asked on October 2, 2013 under General Practice, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If the item purchased was never delivered and paid for the and the company refuses to deliver the item, I would consult with a business attorney to make a demand letter for the delivery of the object paid for. A business attorney can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.