If our mother’s house is up for sale and is in a Trust, does it matter if we take it out or leave it in the Trust to sell the house?

My mother is 88 and now lives with me. The real estate person thought elder law could come into play? She did say that my brothers and I would all need to sign paperwork. But what paperwork?

Asked on February 28, 2013 under Estate Planning, Arizona


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The title and escrow company will be able to help you with the paperwork to remove house from the trust at close of sale, to finalize the sale and close escrow; and if not they will be able to refer you to an attorney who can assist you, with his fees to come out of the escrow proceeds. So get the house into escrow, and the trustee of the trust will need to sign the documentation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.