What to do if I missed my ARD completion deadline?

About 3 years ago, I got a DUI and was accepted into the ARD program. I had a fine of $1400 and had to complete ARD track 1 and 2. I did complete track 1 but was not able to afford the $250 for track 2; nor was I able to finish paying my fine on time. I need help on what to do now. I just started back to work part time and should be able to pay on this. What will happen now that I, in a sense, defaulted on the program?

Asked on July 31, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Andrew Goldberg

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Immediately go to explain the circumstances to the Department of Adult Probatio, Ask Probation to agree to extend your probation by 3 or 6 months, so that you can pay the balance of costs. Ask Probation to contact the Assistant District Attorney and you can all agree and submit an Order to the Judge. By signing the ARD Order, the judge would extend your probation and pay or otherwise complete what needs to be paid or completed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.