What to do if my disfunctional younger brother destroyed my parents Will?

My dad died 20 years ago and now mom is 82 and diagnosed with dementia. What will happen if she dies without a Will? Her house is payed off she has no debt. There are 7 adult children in the family.

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Estate Planning, Florida


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You will need to obtain probate counsel to file a petition into probate court to clear title to the property for purposes of sale and division of sale proceeds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.