I’m iranian can i move to US?

I’m a 18 years old iranian girl i want
to marry wirh an american boy who is a
citizen of US … can i get visa to come
to US after i married him?

Asked on February 24, 2019 under Immigration Law, Alaska


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

If you get married first, then he would have to petition for you as his spouse and the process will take about a year for you to get a spouse visa to enter the US as a permanent resident.  If you plan to marry in the US, he can petition for you as a fiancee and then you will get a fiancee visa to enter the US to get married and then file for your green card on the basis of marriage.  That process will also take about a year from filing to visa issuance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.