If my husband withdrew his petition from the immigration before my green card be issued, my employment authorisation document wil be still available ?

on I came with a J1 visa in USA. I got married. Me and my husband
started living together. We apply for an Conditional Green Card. He was
the petitioner for me. I got my employment document but not the green
card yet, we were about to be scheduled for an the interview, but after
a big argument between us, he just decided to not go further with me
through this process and he sent to immigration a letter that he wants
to withdraw his petition. after couple of days i received the decision
from USCIS that my case was denied. the question is if the case was
denied before the green card be issued, my work permit it’s still
available ? He changed his mind now and he wants to go further with me
through this, what solutions do we have now ?

Asked on April 5, 2016 under Immigration Law, South Carolina


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You will have to start the process from the beginning in terms of filing all the petitions if he is now supportive of the process and wants to continue the sponsorship.  The work authorization document is terminated for the time being if the underlying petition on the basis of which the employment authorization document was issued is denied.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.